Thursday 16 November 2017

A decision, to be non-destructive human.


Photo courtesy of Noel Reynolds
A little while ago I was observing a Chaffinch, and pondering life. A Chaffinch as far as I am aware just lives his life, and takes nothing from the Earth, if anything he gives back with his expert seed distribution. The Earth benefits from his being here.

In contrast, humans, we take, we destroy, what do we give back to the Earth? Does the Earth benefit from our being here? I suspect not.

For years I have been quite disgusted at how we treat our planet, and have had many a rant about what should be different. The problem is my focus has been on what the government should do, or what society should do, and generally felt quite powerless.

But recently I have realized, that whilst I cannot make changes for the rest of the human population, I can make changes to my own way of living, I can live in a way that gives back to the Earth instead of taking/destroying it. I realize that this is no easy task, and I won't be able to live in a self-sufficient log home by tomorrow, but I can make little changes, which in time will have a large impact on how I live. Whether its by using products that I can compost when finished with, buying sustainable products or buying from brands who invests into the planet, there is a lot of research to be done.

I thought that it would be fun to use this blog to document the things that I will learn, maybe the things I learn will help others to be more beneficial to the Earth, or perhaps others will be able to share their knowledge with me through this. Perhaps by writing about my journey into being better for the planet, I may encourage others to do the same. If lots of people make little changes, it will add up to being a big change.

So if you want to follow my journey into a more ethical way of living go ahead and hit follow.
I promise not to turn into some raging extremist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment